Sign in or
your school - design it
this is editable
that means we miss something today... we add it..
we miss something next fall - some kids request things.. we add it..
leaving your initials by changes helpful but not necessary
get the picture?... possible scenarios:
your school definition per students
one of the best skills we can leave with our kids - the ability to self-regulate/automate/assess/refine/etc
1. joe excels in science, he's planning a career in it... his hs pace seems too slow for him... he's really interested in blahblahb... that isn't offered in the district.
this year joe is taking blabhlh from soars online to get his req credits
joes is also taking blahblah from co online program
next year joe is planning to take blah blah from mit/
his senior year, joe is planning to create his own course and work with the blahblah prof/program at csu
2. pete struggles in math, he's currently enrolled in credit recovery. his facilitator has helped him discover his love for blahblah, so once pete finishes cr - he is planning to design a course in ..
3. sally wants to take mandarin, she looked into the offering of it through co online, but decided she would prefer a more culturally indepth course... she is designing her own course with the help of her facilitator.
4. kait is very active... she has trouble focusing in any class on any topic. she loves sports... she is going to try the eng/sport course.. where all her seat time in the room will be on a stationary bike.
via Ira Socol - physical space for virtual ed
Current options for learning spaces (add spaces you are already a part of or would like to be - with examples if possible, for others to learn from)
1. 90 min in class (b&m)
2. hybrid - (Blended Learning)
3. project (inquiry) based learning
4. integrated (content combos)
5. standards based learning
6. student-centric (innovation lab)
8. gaming (mindset)
9. new school
10. student 2.0
11. night classes
12. online (virtual)
14. credit recovery/platocde
15. college/career extensions
how do we determine best course of action for each student?
some type of tool like the learning algorithm explained
in this video at this school of one pilot
and places using reputation rating like Sophia and rate my professors
ASU - the New American University
College Unbound - follow up of Big Picture Learning
find much more in options
School 2.0 etool-kit from US Dept. of Education
elements of a successful high school
Latest page update: made by monk51295
, Jan 30 2013, 8:02 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by monk51295
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.